Kentstown Rovers vs 2003 Boys Premier Division

Mon 14 Aug 17
Score: 0 - 9

Match Report

Trim Celtic U14 Premier squad got the 2nd half of their League campaign of to a winning start at a very wet Paul Lenihan Memorial Park. Celtic were slow to start after a 3 month competitive break, this despite the fact that they took the lead in the 3rd minute when Conor Gray scored his 1st goal for the club. Celtic had the majority of the possession but Kentstown defended resolutely aided by an in form keeper who capably dealt with Joey Cole shot in the 12th minute. The keeper then produced a miraculous save from a Sean Mc Donnell effort from 6 yards out a few minutes later. Celtic almost got their 2nd in the 18th minute but the keeper again saved after Kris Gorman had gone on a mazy run from midfield. However Kris was not to be denied 4 minutes later when played in by David Boyle, he slotted his shot under the keeper. From this point on Celtic were on a roll and the 3rd duly arrived in the 29th minute when a quick throw by Sean Tully found Ciaran Caulfield and he dribbled through along the end line before finishing to the net. Sean was also instrumental in the 4th goal on the stroke of half time when he was brought down in the box after a fine run forward. David Boyle stepped up to take the penalty and scored from the rebound after his initial effort had come back off the post.
Conor O’Hare replaced David at the start of the 2nd half as he had injured himself in the process of scoring the penalty. Celtic again took their time to settle into their rhythm in the 2nd half and had to wait until the 50th minute for their 5th goal which was scored by another 2nd half substitute, James Molloy. The floodgates opened now and Conor O’Hare got the 1st of his 2 goals a minute later when his free kick from outside the box deceived the keeper and ended up in the back of the net to put Celtic 6 up. Conor was now having a running battle with the keeper but got his 2nd and Celtic 7th goal in the 60th minute. The final 2 goals came in the 62nd and 65th minute and were scored by the Gibbons twins, the 1st one by Wes from the penalty spot after Conor O’Hare had been brought down in the box and the 2nd by Blake who nipped at the far post to expertly finish a cross from the left hand side. This was a good team performance by Celtic on an excellent surface despite the heavy rain. Next up is a Cup quarter final against our Division One team this Saturday at 10am in Tully Park. This will bring many friends and school pals into opposition and is sure to be keenly contested.
Trim Celtic squad: David Curran, Sean Tully, Wesley Gibbons, Harry Cottrell, Blake Gibbons, Ciaran Caulfield, Joey Cole, Kris Gorman, David Boyle, Conor Gray, Sean Mc Donnell, James Molloy, Conor O'Hare


Paul Lenehan Memorial Park
R150, Kentstown, Co. Meath, Ireland

Kentstown Rovers