Boyne Harps vs First Team

Wed 05 Oct 16
Score: 1 - 1

Match Report

Trim Celtic and Boyne Harps played out a 1-1 draw at United Park on Wednesday. The first half was an even affair with both sides creating chances without troubling their opponent's keeper. Brian Faulkner flashed a shot wide while at the other end Boyne dragged a shot across the goal. The home side had a short spell of half chances of and could have taken the lead but their striker miscontrolled at the vital moment. Another Boyne shot crossed the face of the goal while Celtic also had to block a couple of long range efforts. For Celtic Keith Jones fired over from distance before Sean FitzGerald side footed narrowly wide from a free kick. The Drogheda side had the first attempt of the second half with a well struck shot from distance narrowly over, while at the other end the Boyne keeper just about got a hand to an Aaron Ryan cross that was about to land perfectly on Zak McGowan's head. Ryan blazed a shot over before he again crossed dangerously to Faulkner who headed at full stretch onto the crossbar. Celtic were on top at this stage and a superb pass from Ryan opened up the space for McGowan on the right, his pull back was met by Faulkner but their were plenty of defenders back to block his shot. Keith Jones blazed a left footed effort over the bar before Boyne came close from a free kick in an effort not dissimilar to FitzGerald's earlier opportunity. Another dangerous ball in from Ryan broke to Eoin O'Connor but again the Harps had well covered at the back and his fierce drive was blocked. A goalkeeper was forced into the action for the first time when Colm O'Reilly's cross was met by O'Connor but the Boyne net minder produced a fine save to keep the game scoreless. Boyne responded and forced a good save from Iain Telford before another shot was blazed wide. It was during this period that Harps took the lead, a long clearance broke kindly to Woods who's instinctive shot from 35 yards gave Telford no chance. Celtic responded almost immediately with last years top scorer Brian Faulkner heading O'Connor's deep cross home at the back post. Telford was happy to see another long range effort bounce narrowly wide before Celtic's last chance fell to substitute Paul Campbell looped a header narrowly over from Keith Jones' clever free kick.


United Park
29-30 Windmill Rd, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland

Boyne Harps

First Team

1Iain Telford Goalkeeper
2Ruairi Shortt Defender
3Daryll Kelly Defender
4Sean FitzGerald Defender
5Ger Dwane Defender
6Zak McGowan Defender
7Keith Jones Defender
8Eoin O’Connor Midfielder
9Colm O’Reilly Forward
10Brian Faulkner Midfielder
11Aaron Ryan Midfielder
12James Goggins Defender
13Paul Campbell Midfielder