7th December 2014
Malahide Castle
FAI Under 17 Boys Umbro Cup
Malahide Utd 1-1 Trim Celtic A.E.T.
Trim Celtic won 6-5 on pens.
Trim Celtic scorer: Peter Farrell (60)
Trim Celtic won the battle of Malahide Castle today away to top Dublin side Malahide United to reach the last 16 of the FAI Under 17 Umbro Cup.
These two teams were very evenly matched and the first chance of the game fell to Malahide when they were awarded a penalty on 15 minutes.
Nathan Sheridan made a fantastic save to his right to keep the score level. Nathan Costello created the only real chance for Trim Celtic in the first half which well saved by the feet of the Malahide keeper. On the 40th the home side took the lead after beating the off side trap and finishing neatly into the corner.
On the hour mark Celtic won a free kick on the halfway line and up stepped Peter Farrell to launch a long ball into the box which caught the Malahide keeper flat-footed and sailed over his head into the back of the net to level the score despite some protestations that the free may have been indirect. The final half hour was end to end with attack and counter attack and tackles flying in from both side as each team pushed hard for the winning goal. Celtic came closest with Mikey Cullen and Nathan Costello having 2 great chances but the game was destined for extra-time. The end to end attacking continued in extra-time with Celtic almost winning it in the final minute when Mikey Cullen latching onto a long kick from the keeper but just missed by inches.
Both teams converted their first five penalties with Celtic converting their first in sudden death and when 6th Malahide penalty was blazed over the bar wild celebrations from the trim players and spectators followed. The club would like to wish Malahide every success for the remainder of the season and a speedy recovery to the player that was injured during the match.
Trim Celtic: N. Sheridan, C. Ennis, G. Dwane, J. Cottrell, C. Hunt, P. Farrell, R. Shortt, C. Higgins, D. Morris, J. Bennett, N. Costello
Subs: L. Corcoran (for Morris 45min), M. Cullen (for Higgins 60 mins), A. Sheehan (for Shortt 100min)

6th December 2014
Greenstar Park, Kentstown
NECSL Under 13 Boys Prem
Kentstown 3-4 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0-3
Trim Celtic scorers: Liam Reilly (10), James Murray (15), Mark Cunningham (20), Andreas Lopez (58)
Trim Celtic got back to winning ways at a windy Greenstar Park in Kenstown as they overcame a spirited fightback from the home side to move back to second in the table.
Playing with a strong wind behind them Celtic dominated from the first whistle and it was no surprise when they took the lead after ten minutes. James Murray drifted in from the left and when his shot came back of the ‘keeper, Liam Reilly was in the right spot to plant the ball into the back of the net. Celtic then doubled their lead five minutes later when Murray took advantage of a mix up between ‘keeper and defender to strike home from twenty yards. An excellent delivery from a Mark Cunningham corner on twenty minutes gave Celtic a three goal lead as the whipped in ball proved too hot to handle for the Kentstown ‘keeper. The Kentstown ‘keeper then made an excellent save to deny Reilly his second goal of the game as he dived to his right to keep out the goal bound shot. Andrew Gibney showed great composure on twenty five minutes to lob the ‘keeper after some excellent play only to see his effort bounce agonisingly wide.
The second half however was a different story as Kentstown showed why they have recorded impressive victories over Kingscourt and Parkvilla as they took full advantage of the wind to push Celtic back from the start. Within fifteen minutes they were back level with their equaliser a spectacular overhead kick which had the crowd roaring them on. At this stage it looked ominous from the Trim team as they struggled to get out of their own half and there seemed there could be only one winner. However, if there is one thing this team has it’s character and they showed plenty of it to regain a foothold in midfield and stem the tide from Kentstown. Then, with two minutes left on the clock, Andreas Lopez went on a mazy run past three defenders which left him ten yards out with just the ‘keeper to beat. He kept his composure well to slip the ball under the ‘keeper with his left foot and the ball nestled in the corner to huge cheers from the away support. Celtic saw out the last two minutes along with three more minutes injury time thanks to some brave tackling and resolute defending. This was indeed a game of two halves and Kentstown can feel hard done by with the result but they played excellently and contributed massively to what must be one of the games of the season so far. Best for Celtic were Reilly, Cunningham and Murray.
Trim Celtic: Luke Doyle, Eoin Gaffney, Mark Cunningham, Adam Wilson, Eoghan Lenehan, James Murray, Andreas Lopez, Conor McGinley, Fionn McEvoy, Liam Reilly, Andrew Gibney
Subs: Kevin McGowan (for Lopez), Evan deCourcey Tobin (for McEvoy), Jack Vaughan (for Gibney)

6th December 2014
Tully Park, Trim
NECSL Under 12 Boys Premier
Trim Celtic Gunners 5-1 Trim Celtic Warriors
In the local derby between the two Trim Celtic U12 teams, the Gunners came out on top although the scoreline was a little harsh on the Warriors who battled gamely throughout the match. The Gunners followed up the last weeks victory over table toppers Kells with another hard fought but deserved win. The Gunners started brightly and were 1-0 after 4 minutes when Ciaran Caulfield glanced a header from David Boyle’s cross to the net. They increased the lead to 2-0 after 12 minutes with a long range effort by David Boyle. The Gunners were well on top at this stage and went 3-0 up after 20 minutes with a rocket of a free kick by Josh Harris from outside the box. The same player should have had another 2 minutes later but this time his shot went over the bar. With half time approaching the Warriors got themselves back into the game when they scored from a corner. The Gunners realised that they still had a game on their hands and the next goal was going to be crucial. Aaron Mc Cormack had a great chance 5 minutes into the second half but his shot flew over the bar. David Boyle almost got his second 3 minutes later but his shot scraped the outside of the post with the keeper well beaten. The game was end to end at this stage, with the Gunners looking for the elusive 4th goal to settle the match. The goal duly arrived on 50 minutes when Ciaran Caulfield converted another cross from David Boyle. Roles were reversed 5 minutes later when David Boyle scored his 2nd goal following a through ball from Ciaran Caulfield. To their credit the Warriors kept going to the end and were unlucky not to score when they hit the crossbar in the last few minutes and right at the very end they would have scored only for a fantastic save by James Bourke and a brilliant goal line clearance by Cealain Geraghty from the follow up. Best for the Gunners were Wes Gibbons who made some crunching tackles at the back, Josh Harris who returned to goalscoring form and the ever reliable David Boyle and Ciaran Caulfield in the middle of the park.
Trim Celtic Gunners: James Bourke, David White, Josh Harris, Blake Gibbons, Ciaran Caulfield, Evan Smyth, Aaron McCormack, David Boyle, Wesley Gibbons, Dylan Smith, Jack Fagan
Subs: Canice Donnelly, Finn O’Connor, Donal McGale, Cealain Geraghty, Oisin Cumiskey, Evan Kennedy, Nathan McCormack