26th April 2008 – Tully Park, Trim
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Trim Celtic 4 – 0 Rock Celtic
Halftime: 3 – 0
Trim Celtic scorers: Matt Scanlon, Michael Tyndall, Richard Fitzsimons, Danny Quinn
Trim Celtic hit the top of table for the first time this season after a devestating display against fellow title contenders Rock Celtic. Right from the first whistle the home side looked more determined and with only 5 mins on the clock a great run and cross from James Moynihan left Matty Scanlon with a chance to tap in from 6 yards, it got better for Celtic 5 mins later when Mick Corrigans defense splitting pass found the run of top scorer Michael Tyndall who made no mistake in finding the back of the net. Celtic were in complete control at this stage and played some of there best football of the season, chance after chance and Richie Fitzsimons put Celtic into an incredible 3-0 lead when he converted from Mark Scanlons corner on the half hour mark. Celtic ended the game as a contest when they scored a fourth goal 5 mins into the 2nd half , once again it was Moynihan who was the provider as he crossed for Danny Quinn to tap-in from 6 yards. As Rock fought to find a way back into the game Celtic continued to create chances but couldn’t add to their tally. The victory means that a win at home against Ardee next weekend will clinch the title for Celtic. It was a tremendous team performance but best on the day where James Moynihan, Michael Tyndall and Mick Corrigan.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark Scanlon, Andy Reilly, Richard Fitzsimons, James Moynihan, Gavin Meehan, Mick Corrigan, Danny Quinn, Matt Scanlon, Michael Tyndall
Subs: Mark Corrigan (for John Kelly), Oladele Awujoola (for Matt Scanlon), Alan McCormack (for Danny Quinn), David Campbell, Alan Douglas, Richie O’Brien



22nd April 2008 – Drogheda, Co. Louth
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Marsh Celtic 0 – 2 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0 – 0
Trim Celtic scorer: Michael Tyndall 2

Going into this game it was a simple task of three wins from three games and the title goes to Trim. After the game it now reads two games remaining and two wins required. Another vital three points earned after two second half goals from Michael Tyndall. The first half was scoreless as Celtic missed a number of a chances and the home side defended resolutely. In the second half Trim began to look a little desperate and time was running out when Mark Scanlons near post corner was converted by Tyndall and within five mins Tyndall doubled his tally after coolly slotting home Gavin Meehans superb through ball. It was another spirited performance from a Celtic side full of determination, the only bad point on the night was the loss of Anthony Craig through injury. Best for Trim on the night were Gavin Meehan, Richie Fitzsimons and Andy Reilly. Next up is fellow league challangers Rock Celtic in Tully Park on Saturday.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark Scanlon, Andy Reilly, Richard Fitzsimons, Gordon Flood, Gavin Meehan, Anthony Craig, Matt Scanlon, Danny Quinn, Michael Tyndall.
Subs: Mark Corrigan (for Matt Scanlon), Oladele Awujoola (for Anthony Craig), James Moynihan, Richie O’Brien
19th April 2008 – Tully Park, Trim
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Trim Celtic 2 – 1 Carrick Rovers
Halftime: 2 – 1
Trim Celtic scorers: Gordon Flood, Alan McCormack

Trim Celtics Reserves continued there push up the table with a vital 2-1 win over Carrick Rovers in Tully Park . It was far from a polished performance but the points are all that matters at this stage of the season. After taking an early lead when Gordon Flood volleyed home a Mark Scanon corner it looked like Trim would have things all there own way but Carrick hit back within minutes and the scores were level but Celtics fighting spirit shone through and Michael Tyndalls superb cross was meet with a powerful header by Alan McCormack to put Trim 2-1 up at the break. Trim continued to squander chances after the break and there was a nervous last 10 minutes but Celtic hung on and the title race is still on. Best for Trim were Anthony Craig, John Kelly and Andy Reilly.
Subs: Ola Awujoola (for Alan McCormack), David Campbell, Mark Corrigan, Richard O’Brien, Gavin Meehan


15th April 2008 – Ardee, Co. Louth
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Square Utd 0 – 2 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0 – 1
Trim Celtic scorers: Matt Scanlon, Richard Fitzsimons

Trim Celtic’s Reserves continued their push for League honours with an away win over Square Utd. Celtic started better than their hosts but it wasn’t until midway through the half that they took the lead. Michael Tyndall weaved his way to the byline before pulling back for Matt Scanlon to tap home. Tyndall could have doubled Celtic’s lead moments later but shot wide from an acute angle. Gordon Flood shot over from twenty yards before  Gavin Meehan rattled the underside of the crossbar with a thunderous shot. Square also had a goal disallowed for offside before the half was out.
Square twice almost equalised in the second half once shooting narrowly wide, then being thwarted by a Roger Wheeler save. Trim needed a second goal for comfort and with fifteen minutes to go it came as Richard Fitzsimons converted John Kelly’s superb free kick. Tyndall and Flood went close with headers, Tyndall was also denied by the keeper as a clever Danny Quinn dummy saw him clean through. In the end Celtic didn’t need a third. Best for Trim Celtic were Richard Fitzsimons, Gavin Meehan and John Kelly.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark Scanlon, Richard Fitzsimons, Andy Reilly, Gordon Flood, Gavin Meehan, Anthony Craig, Michael Tyndall, Matt Scanlon, Alan McCormack
Subs: Danny Quinn (for Alan McCormack), James Moynihan (for Gordon Flood), David Campbell (for Gavin Meehan), Oladele Awujoola, Mark Corrigan

5th April 2008 – Tully Park, Trim
MDL Reserve Cup Quarter Final
Trim Celtic 3 – 4 Navan Town
Halftime: 1 – 2
Trim Celtic scorers: Michael Tyndall 2, Anthony Craig

Trim Celtics Reserves are out of the Reserve Cup after their first defeat in the competition in three years. In truth they only have themselves to blame after some dreadful defending handed the game to Navan Town. Celtic started brightly and created all the early chances and when Anthony Craig’s through ball fell to top scorer Michael Tyndall he hammered the ball superbly into the roof off the Navan Town net. At this point Celtic looked comfortable but managed to concede two goals in five first half minutes to leave the holders 2-1 down at the break. Celtic equalised on the hour mark when Mark Scanlon’s corner fell to the feet of Anthony Craig who made no mistake from ten yards out. Within ten minutes Celtic took the lead when another superb Craig pass put Paul Munnelly in on goal, Munnelly was fouled in the box and Michael Tyndall slotted the penalty home to make it 3-2. Just as Celtic began to look comfortable they hit the self destruct button again conceding a third goal and as the game seemed to be heading for extra-time Navan Town managed to grab a late winner. Celtic had a few chances late on but they will be extremely disappointed that their defence of the trophy ended in such a poor fashion. They will have to turn their attentions now to the race for the Premier Reserve league title. Best for Trim on the day were Matt Scanlon & Anthony Craig.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark ScanloN, Andy Reilly, Richard Fitzsimons, Paul Munnelly, Gavin Meehan, Anthony Craig, Matt Scanlon, Alan McCormack, Michael Tyndall
Subs: Danny Quinn (for Alan McCormack), Ciaran Quinn, Richie O’Brien

21st March 2008 – Blackrock, Co. Louth
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Rock Celtic 1 – 2 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0 – 1
Trim Celtic scorers: David Conway, Michael Tyndall (pen)

This was probably the Reserves best performance of the season, away to league leaders Rock Celtic knowing that anything but three points would end their title hopes. The game started at a high tempo and Celtic took the game to Rock creating chances but failing to test the home goalkeeper but after thirty minutes Anthony Craig’s superb defence splitting pass put David Conway through on goal and Conway under pressure from two Rock defenders coolly slotted pass the goalkeeper to put Celtic 1-0 up at the break. Celtic started where they left off in the second half and Conway was a constant threat to the Rock defence and when he chased down a long ball from Mark Scanlon he managed to keep it in, round the defender and won a penalty from which Michael Tyndall put the keeper the wrong away to put Celtic two up. Rock then had a man sent off for man handling the impressive Anthony Craig and the game looked over but from a disputed corner Rock found a way back into game with a fine header. Celtic had numerous chances to add to their lead but couldn’t take them and had to rely on their defence who were excellent throughout to hold Rock at bay for a valuable three points. Best on the night from an excellent team performance were Conway, Craig and the central defensive partnership of Andy Reilly and Richard Fitzsimons.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark Scanlon, Andy Reilly, Richard Fitzsimons, James Moynihan, Anthony Craig, Gavin Meehan, David Conway, Matt Scanlon, Michael Tyndall
Subs: Oladele Awujoola (for Matt Scanlon), Alan Douglas (for Mark Scanlon), Gordon Flood (for James Moynihan), Alan McCormack, David Campbell



8th March 2008 – Dromin, Co. Louth
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Dromin Utd 1 – 3 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0 – 1
Trim Celtic scorer: Michael Tyndall 3
Playing with a strong breeze at their backs in the first half Celtic took the lead through Michael Tyndall. Dromin seemed happy that they only had a 1 goal deficit at the break such was the ferocity of the breeze however Celtic produced some of their best football of the season playing the conditions perfectly. Tyndall doubled Celtic’s lead before Dromin pulled a goal back from a free-kick. It wasn’t to be enough as Tyndall’s hattrick goal confirmed the victory.
Best for Trim Celtic were Michael Tyndall, Anthony Craig and John Kelly
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, John Kelly, Mark Scanlon, Andy Reilly, Richard Fitzsimons, Gavin Meehan, Anthony Craig, Ross Campbell, James Moynihan, Michael Tyndall, Matty Scanlon
Subs: Mark Corrigan (for Mark Scanlon), Richie O’Brien, Alan McCormack


23rd February 2008 – Tully Park, Trim
MDL Premier Reserve Division
Trim Celtic 1 – 2 Duleek
Halftime: 1 – 1
Trim Celtic scorer: Matt Scanlon
Trim Celtics Reserves slipped to their third home league defeat of the season which has all but ended their League title hopes. The game started brightly for the home side and they were unlucky not to take the lead when Gordon Flood blazed over after a good move but Celtic kept the pressure on and got their rewards after fifteen minutes when a fine move down the left wing ended in Michael Tyndall crossing for Matty Scanlon to finish expertly at front post. Duleek slowly got back into the game and got a chance to level when they were awarded a penalty on the half hour, Roger Wheeler saved superbly but was harshly adjudged to have moved off his line and the referee awarded a retake which was dispatched by Duleek. With the game level at the break it was important that Celtic took the initiative in the second period but they failed to break down the Duleek defence and after some poor defending from a throw in Duleek broke clear to take the lead from a superb volley which gave Roger Wheeler no chance in the Celtic goal. From that point on Duleek never looked like losing the lead and should have added to their tally late on. Best for Trim on a disappointing day were Matty Scanlon, Richard Fitzsimons and Roger Wheeler.
Trim Celtic: Roger Wheeler, David Campbell, Mark Scanlon, Richard Fitzsimons, Andy Reilly, James Moynihan, Gavin Meehan, Anthony Craig, Matt Scanlon, Gordon Flood, Michael Tyndall.
Subs: Oladele Awujoola (for Mark Scanlon), Mark Corrigan (for David Campbell), Richard O’Brien


16th February 2008 – Kells, Co. Meath
MDL Reserve Cup
Kells/Blackwater 1 – 4 Trim Celtic
Halftime: 0 – 0
Trim Celtic scorers: Michael Tyndall 2, Alan Douglas, Matty Scanlon
Trim Celtic’s Reserves are now unbeaten in the Reserve Cup since February 2005 and their quest for a third successive title continued in fine fashion against Kells/Blackwater on Saturday. Celtic dominated throughout and should have been in front early on but couldn’t find the finish that their play deserved but when the home side where reduced to 10 men just before the half it was always going to be increasingly harder to hold on. On the hour mark Celtic finally broke the deadlock when Alan Douglas latched on to Mark Scanlon’s cross and produced a fine finish on the half volley. Within five minutes top scorer Michael Tyndall doubled the lead after Richard Fitzsimons cross was knocked into his path by James Moynihan and he finished neatly. Celtic made it three after a quick breakaway and when Douglas found Tyndall he showed strength and pace to race through and put the result beyond any doubt. In the final five minutes Matty Scanlon cut in from the right hand side to add fourth goal and in stoppage time Kells/Blackwater grabbed a consolation but it was Celtic’s day and they will be happy wit