The Committee is pleased to confirm the following appointments for the 2006/07 Season in respect of the Club’s eleven-a-side teams playing in the NECSL.
- Under 11 – John Sweeney assisted by Mark Farrell
- Under 12 – Ron Metcalfe assisted by Michael Johnston
- Under 13 – Nick Nally assisted by Des Fitzgerald & Mark Scanlon
- Under 14 – John Marron assisted by Brendan McGrenra
- Under 15 – Shay Lee assisted by Paddy Melia & Paddy McGee
- Under 16 – Michael Loughlin assisted by Paddy Kennedy
- Under 18 – to be decided yet
In relation to the Club’s seven-a-side teams also playing in the NECSL the following appointments have been made to date and others will be announced shortly.
- Under 8 Swifts – Colum Clohessy
- Under 8 Pumas – Adtrian Geraghty
- Under 8 Rascals – Alan Kirwan
- Under 9 Tigers – John Kelly/John Sweeney
- Under 10 Raptors – Gerry Harte
- Under 10 Eagles – Peter Callaghan
- Under 10 Cubs – Peter Madden
‘The Club expects to field at least one more Under 8 team possibly two; at least two more Under 9 teams possibly 3 and it is hoped that another Under 10 team will also be entered’, Club Secretary Des Clancy said this morning ‘We are committed to providing football for everyone who turns up for pre-season training. We intend to run as many teams as it takes to provide for all interetsed young players who want to wear the green & white Celtic colours. After the World Cup we are expecting to see quite a few new faces enrolling for the new season.’
SCHOOLBOY TRAINING FOR THE NEW SEASON WILL START IN THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST. ALL PLAYERS PLEASE ENQUIRE OF YOUR MANAGER FOR EXACT DETAILS OR WATCH THE WEBSITE OR READ FOCUS.